The Finance Department is responsible for planning and coordinating the fiscal activities of the City of Bessemer.
The department has the following responsibilities:
- Coordination and preparation of the City’s annual financial reports
- Coordination of the City’s annual financial statement audit.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the area of Cash Management and Investments
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the Payroll and Pension department
- Manage and coordinate the activities in the areas of Risk Management and Insurance
- Manage and coordinate the area of Revenue Administration
- Prepare and monitor adherence to the City’s approved budget
- Ensure compliance with federal and state grants
- Ensure processing of payments to vendors within adherence to established guidelines
- Provide timely financial information to department managers and city officials
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting control systems